***COVID-19 Update - In light of the ongoing health crisis in the UK and globally, we have issued a statement here***
Cardiff Bay is supplied by two rivers to form a 500-acre (2.0 km2) freshwater lake around the former dockland area south of the City Centre. The 'bay' was formerly tidal, with access to the sea limited to a couple of hours each side of high water but now provides 24-hour access through three locks.
Swimming in the Bay is only allowed when authorised by the Harbour Authority so by taking part in this event you will join an exclusive group of Cardiff Bay swimmers!
This event has been created primarily for triathletes looking to warm up or gain open water experience; however it is open to everyone and with four different distances this event has something for all from first time open water swimmers, to experienced swimmers looking for a challenge over a longer distance.
750m - minimum age 15
1500m - minimum age 17
3000m - minimum age 18
4500m - minimum age 18
- Access to the Event Village with food and drink, family activities, entertainment, shopping, massage tent and toilets
- The world’s friendliest marshals
- Electronic chip timing
- Web results service
- Emergency support
- Bespoke slate for all finishers
- Live bilingual commentary
- A feast of food at the finish line
- Goody bag at registration
- Free Try-a-Tri Cardiff Swim technical t-shirt
- Hoodies that can be purchased at registration and collected on the day
750m - £20
1500m - £33
3000m - £40
4500m - £47