***COVID-19 Update - In light of the ongoing health crisis in the UK and globally, we have issued a statement here***
The Slateman Duathlon is the perfect option for competitors who want to experience the thrill of the legendary Slateman without having to face the iconic swim in Llyn Padarn.
The Sprint Duathlon created a buzz amongst duathletes in it's first year and we've since had huge demand for a Standard Duathlon so in 2020 we will be running both distance events. Run on a combination of trail and road through the historic slate quarries and cycle over the mountain passes; all in the shadow of Wales’ highest peak, Snowdon. The sprint distance bike course is entirely on fully closed roads making it a perfect introduction to cycling Snowdonia’s famous mountain passes. These races are set to become a highlight of the Duathlon season.
At the Slateman Duathlon we are proud to be hosting the ETU Sprint Distance Duathlon Qualifier.
This is your chance to claim a place on the startline for the 2021 ETU Sprint Distance World Championship. This race entry is open to all British Triathlon Members. To be eligible for qualification, athletes must have a valid membership and have registered their intent to qualify with British Triathlon by 5pm on the Friday before (Friday 12th June). Register intent to qualify here.
The Slateman Sprint Duathlon
Run Route 1
Run Route 2
The Slateman Standard Duathlon
Run Route 1
Run Route 2
2020 British Championships Eligibility
This event is hosting a 2020 British Triathlon Championships. Want to become a British Age-Group Champion? Make sure you’re eligible here.
Medals for the first three eligible competitors in each age category. To be eligible for a British Championship medal you must conform to the criteria in Section 24 (particularly, Section 24.3) of the British Triathlon Competition Rules
You must hold a valid Home Nations Association Race Licence, that is recognised by British Triathlon AND be a legal resident or citizen of the United Kingdom at the time of the Event. This Race Licence must be validated no later than 5pm, 3 working days before the Championship (5pm, rest of full date).
You must also present your valid Home Nations Race Licence at the event registration, failure to do so may result in you not being eligible to be awarded a British Championship medal.
- How to access your Electronic Race License:
- Go to the BritishTriathlon.org webpage.
- Click ‘My Account’ in the top right corner of your webpage
- Click ‘Membership Profile’
- Under your Key Profile details, click ‘View Membership Card’
- Check your membership is valid and in date as per the Competition Rules Criteria above.
- Screenshot or Download the Electronic License ready to show on your mobile phone on race day.
- Please note, Essential Home Nations Memberships do NOT include a valid race license, so should you wish to be eligible for a Championships medal you will need to upgrade your membership to either Core or Ultimate.