New for 2020 - Snowdon24 will be the ultimate endurance event.
Snowdon, or Yr Wyddfa, is the highest mountain in England and Wales and peaks at an impressive 1,085 m (3,560 feet). Starting and finishing at the foot of this iconic mountain, you will be challenged either as an individual, or part of a team to ascend and descend Snowdon as many times as possible in 24 hours.
Based in Llanberis village the route will take you up and down the Llanberis Path; a 15km out and back route taking you past the legendary Half Way House, Allt Moses, Clogwyn Bridge and ultimately on to the summit before heading back down.
Provisional times for this event is start at 12.00 midday on 11th July and finish at 12.00 midday on 12th July.
The event will consist of the following categories:
- Solo Entry
- Pair Relay Entry
- Team Relay Entry (max of 5 participants)
The challenge is to complete as many ascents and descents as possible within the 24 hour period. The winners of the event will be the athletes who complete as many of these as possible. If a runner begins a lap but does not complete it within the 24 hour period, it will NOT count towards the total for that runner or team. In the event of a tiebreak on the number of ascents and descents the quickest will win!
To add to the excitement we will be awarding individuals and teams with the following classifications:
- 3 times ascend and descend – Snowdon Triple Award
- 5 times or more ascend and descend – Mont Blanc Award
- 7 times or more ascend and descend – Kilimanjaro Award
- 10 times or more ascend and descend – the ultimate Everest Award!
As with all Always Aim High Events it will be set in a supportive and friendly environment, what better way to take on this ultimate challenge?!
The event includes
- Event village facilities, including toilets
- Full route marking
- Water stations around the course
- Electronic chip timing
- Music and live commentary at the event village - during daylight hours
- Web results service
- Event photography
- Emergency support
- Event massage
- A medal for all finishers
- Free goody bag at registration
Individuals will be given space to leave kit and rest if necessary
- Solo competitors will be given a dedicated ’solo rest area’ for sleep/rest if required. It will not be necessary for solo competitors to provide their own shelter as this will be provided by the event organiser
- Pairs will be given space to pitch a maximum of one shelter per pair, with maximum dimensions of 1.5m x 2.5m (2 person tent)
- Teams will be given space to pitch a maximum of one shelter per team, with maximum dimensions of 3m x 3.5m (3 person tent)
- please note that you must provide your own shelter. Shelters can include tents, bivvys etc. Provision for caravans and camper vans is not included, but can be found locally at your own cost if this is your preference. Vehicles are not allowed on the rest area
- The rest area will be a quiet zone at all times, with NO MUSIC or noise at all between the hours of 9pm and 8am. Please be respectful of other competitors and local residents
- Victoria Terrace - the road in front of the Community field in Llanberis - will be a SILENT ZONE between the hours of 9pm and 8am.
- Absolutely no campfires or cooking/camping stoves in the dedicated rest areas, use of any such devices will result in immediate disqualification from the event. An area for cooking will be provided, cooking MUST ONLY be done in the area provided by the event organiser
- Showers and toilets are available
- Feedstations providing gels, energy drinks and water will be available at the Turn around point in Llanberis and at The Halfway House and Snowdon Summit.
- Finish Line feedstation with all the usual Always Aim High goodies
- For Compulsory Kit please see here. Please note you will also be required to carry a head torch with sufficient battery life throughout the race, it must be worn/switched on between the hours of 10pm-5am
|Teams of 3||£195|
|Extra Team Members (Max 5 per team)||£50 per additional runner|