Info for locals
The safety of all who attend our events is our utmost priority, please go to our Covid-19 page to see the most up to date information on how we will be delivering a covid secure event in the community. Please note that all timings below are subject to change.
The first race will begin at 08:00 with athletes starting to arrive on site from 07:00. The last race is expected to end at 12:00 and the event village will close at 14:00.
The road between Menai Bridge and Beaumaris (A545) will be closed to traffic from 08.00am and re-opens at 12.30. For this reason, there will be a strict cut off at 11.00am at Gallows Point in Beaumaris (approx. 10 miles).
In summary, the road closures are:
- A5 Menai Suspension Bridge (closed from 06:00 to 11:30)
- The Bridge Inn/Anglesey Arms to the Telford Centre/Church of Mary’s layby (closed intermittently between the hours of 08:00 – 09:25)
- Beach road from the Anglesey Arms to the Liverpool Arms (closed from 08:00 to 10:00)
- St George’s Road from the Liverpool Arms to the main road (closed from 08:00 to 10:00)
- Askew Street (closed from 08:00 to 10:00)
- The main A545 road from Uxbridge Square, Menai Bridge to the Texaco Service Station, Beaumaris (closed from 08:00 to 12:30)
Each road will be re-opened in stages as the event progresses (except the A545 Menai Bridge to Beaumaris as this forms part of the return leg of the event). Access will still be available for emergency vehicles. Access to Gallows Point will be maintained via the diversion.
If there is a requirement for Menai Bridge to remain open to high-sided vehicles, the location of the start will be moved. Should this happen, we have been given permission to close the following additional roads* between the hours of 08:00 and 12:30:
· A545 Telford Road, Menai Bridge
- A545 Bridge Street, Menai Bridge
- A545 Uxbridge Square, Menai Bridge
- Cichle Hill, Llandegfan
- Lon Ganol, Llandegfan (To the top of Allt Goch Bach)
· Allt Goch Bach, Beaumaris
*Depending on the circumstances, not all the above listed roads may need closing. A decision about which ones are will be made on the day.
Two thirds of Menai Bridge Fair car park will be cordoned off for the event – the other third will be available to residents.
We would advise spectators to spread out along the course.
We are always on the lookout for people to join our awesome team of Marshals and Volunteers and it is a great way to raise funds for your local community group or charity. If you are a local business and have offers over the event weekend please contact us so we can include you in our communications with our athletes. There are also opportunities for stands in our Event Village.
Signage and Litter
All our signage is removed immediately after the event and we conduct a full litter pick as stated in our environmental policy. We will respond to any reports of left signage or litter immediately so in the unlikely event of this please contact us.