Road Running | Conwy Marathon 2021
Conwy Marathon 2021 Road Running Marathon
This is a super special and scenic Marathon, full of history and gorgeous views which promises 26 miles of fast running along the Conwy coastline and quiet country roads.
Starting on the iconic Victorian Promenade in Llandudno the route takes runners around the awe-inspiring Great Orme with its stunning views to Snowdonia, Anglesey and beyond and past the Conwy Castle World Heritage Site to the nostalgic Colwyn Bay Promenade. Runners then double back along the stunning beach front to finish back in Llandudno.
You must be at least 18 years old to take part in this race.
The final date for entry is the 17th September 2021*. You will receive your bib (race number) through the post along with your Final Instructions. These will also be made available on the website.
An Information Desk will be available at Dylan's Restaurant (LL30 1BE) on Saturday from 14:00 - 16:00* and Sunday morning from 06:00* for any other enquiries.
Entries will not be taken on the day.
*dates and timings subject to change.
The Marathon will start at 08.30* on the Llandudno Promenade outside Venue Cymru LL30 1BB.
*Timings subject to change
Cut Off Times
In the interest of athlete safety and the safety of our volunteers on the course there will be strict cut off times in place.
Runners arriving at the Deganwy Rail Crossing (approximately mile 7.6) after 10:30* will not be permitted to continue in the race. There will be a shuttle vehicle available to collect those who have not made the cut off.
There is a timing cut-off at 15:30*
*timing subject to change.
We hold a prize giving ceremony after the racing, approximate timings will be detailed in the Final Instructions however it is a good idea to listen out for any updates that come in over the tannoy. Sometimes the ceremony may be delayed and we wouldn't want you to miss out. We don't send out prizes after the event, so make sure you attend the ceremony and receive your big Welsh cheer!
Prize Categories for the Conwy Marathon are (for both men and women)
Open: Top 5*
V40: Top 3
V45: Top 3
V50: Top 2
V55: Top 2
V60: 1st runner
V65: 1st runner
V70: 1st runner
All prizes must be collected on the day.
* If any runner places in Open and Vet then a drop down system will occur.
North Wales Running Championships For Marathon Distance
- Birth: born within the area covered by N.W.R.A.C.
- Residence: Continuous residence within the area covered by N.W.R.A.C. for at least 9 months.
- Retention: An athlete may retain his/her qualification to represent N. Wales and compete in the N. Wales Regional Championship, provided that he/she has not represented another Region or County (District in Scotland), nor competed in a different Regional or County (District in Scotland) Championship in the same year of competition.
- Entrants MUST be members of affiliated Clubs and be current members of the registration scheme of Welsh Athletics.
- Entries must be received at least 7 days in advance of the Championship. Any entries received after this date are ineligible.
- Entries to the Championship to close 7 days before the race, and the list of entries to be forwarded to Welsh Athletics for verification. Any entrants subsequently not listed by Welsh Athletics as being currently registered are ineligible to enter the championships.
Please see our Covid-19 updates for information on how we are delivering Covid safe events.
We are proud that all our events are bi-lingual. Signage, registration and commentary is available in both English and Welsh.