Travel & Accommodation
Getting to Plas y Brenin
Plas y Brenin is situated in the village of Capel Curig, has good transport links and is easy to find. Use the postcode LL24 0ET to locate the centre where the event is based.
Direct services take you to the popular North Wales destinations from most parts of Britain. Make inland connections via the Conwy Valley Line which runs through the Snowdonia National Park to Betws-y-Coed and Blaenau Ffestiniog. Services from the Midlands through Shrewsbury and Machynlleth link up with the Cambrian Line.
The closest major station to Plas y Brenin is Llandudno Junction, which is just under 20 miles away. You can change here to catch a train or Bus to Betws y Coed which is only 6 miles away from (a steady uphill cycle) the centre. A bus also runs from Betws-y-Coed to Plas y Brenin.
03457 48 49 50
Transport For Wales
0333 3211 202
There’s quick, straightforward access from the North West along the M56 and A55. Motorway links with the Midlands are good too, and the same roads – the M6, M5 and M1 – also bring Snowdonia within easy reach of the South of England.
Irish Ferries and Stena Line operate regular and high-speed services to Holyhead from Dublin.
08717 300 400
08447 707 070
Transfers from the international gateways of Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham take less than two hours.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Where to Stay
If you want to roll out of bed and straight into the transition, share stories at the bar with your fellow competitors and enjoy delicious catering, we recommend booking a room at Plas y Brenin! They are offering B&B at a great rate for Snowman competitors. Below are the packages they offer which all include free bike storage facilities.
Package 1 £120
- Overnight stay on Friday night (for athletes competing on the sat) arrival 6pm onwards & parking at Siabod Cafe
- Athletes' evening meal on the Friday
- Snack Breakfast Saturday
- Beer & Burger for post-race
- Bottomless non-alcoholic/healthy drinks at bar
Package 2 £120
- Overnight stay on Saturday night (for athletes competing on the Sunday) arrival 6pm onwards & parking at Siabod Cafe
- Athletes' evening meal Saturday
- Snack Breakfast Sunday
- Beer & Burger for post-race
- Bottomless non alcoholic/healthy drinks at bar
Package 3 £230
- Weekend overnight stays on Fri & Saturday night (for athletes competing on both days) arrival 6pm onwards & parking at Siabod Cafe
- Athletes' evening meal Friday & Saturday
- Snack Breakfast Saturday & Sunday
- Beer & Burger for post-race Saturday & Sunday
- Bottomless non-alcoholic/healthy drinks at the bar
Bookings can be made via their online booking form here referencing which package you would like upon booking, or by calling them on 01690 720214
The surrounding areas including Betws y Coed and Llanberis also offer a wide range of hotels, bed and breakfast, campsites and hostels.
The nearest campsites are Bryn Tyrch, Dolgam and RO Jones.
Click on the links below to find details of other accommodation.
Please book your accommodation early as all hotels will be booked well in advance of the race weekend.
Please mention the Snowman Triathlon when booking your stay.