***COVID-19 Update - In light of the ongoing health crisis in the UK and globally, we have issued a statement here***
Under the castle's watchful eye, the Harlech Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon is one of the best loved races on the triathlon calendar.
Fast and fun this event is both a perfect beginner triathlon or duathlon and a chance for the more competitive to grab a Personal Best.
The Sprint Triathlon begins with a 400-metre swim in Harlech swimming pool, followed by a beautiful 21km cycle and an impressive 6km run which finishes with the famous ‘Storm the Castle”.
Featuring the same stunning cycle route as the triathlon, but sandwiched between two great run routes, the Harlech duathlon has proven to be a hugely popular race.
Harlech is a small town with a big heart and this triathlon represents it perfectly!
Harlech Sprint Triathlon
Swim: 400 metres, Bike: 21 km, Run: 6 km
Harlech Sprint Duathlon
Run: 5 km, Bike: 21 km, Run: 2.5 km
What you can expect:
Always Aim High Store
Don't worry if you forget anything over the race weekend, because at both registration and the Event Village (finish area) we will be selling a number of running products at discounted prices. These will include HIGH5 nutritional products, running kit and bespoke Always Aim High branded goodies.
|Venue||Harlech & Ardudwy Leisure, Beach Rd, Harlech (LL46 2UG)|
|Date||Sunday 5th April 2020|
|Start times||Swim times are to be confirmed once entries close.
Faster swimmers will start later and slower swimmers earlier. These times will be between 08.00 and 11.00.
The Duathlon will start time 09:00
Saturday - 14:00 - 16:00
Sunday - 07:00 - 10:30
Prize Giving & Categories*
|Prize Giving||Time TBC|
|Open||1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|Age Group Winners
Categories will be decided on race turn out
|1st male & female|
*Under normal Circumstances both Womens and Mens prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 Open and 1st Placed Vets V40, V50, V60. Additional prizes may be added in events where participation numbers warrant extra recognition.
Cut Off Times
- Cut off times are in the interest of both the athlete and our volunteer marshals.
- You should be able to complete the course in under 2:30 hrs.
- A finish line cut off will be in operation from 13:00.
- After this time your result may not count.
- An online entry will be considered as an acceptance of governing body rules. The British Triathlon rule book can be found here.
- Competitors will compete in the triathlon event comprising of a pool swim, cycle on open road and run cross country entirely at their own risk.
- We cannot allow any accompanying dogs, unless for reasons of registered disability.
- Age Limits: Competitors must be 16 or over to enter and take part.
- Our full refund policy can be found by clicking here.
- Event organisers are able to amend the course route at any time and without prior notification.
- Littering - our policy on littering can be found here. Any irresponsible littering along the route will result in disqualification.
- This is a no drafting event. Draft busters will be monitoring the cycle route, competitors found breaking this rule will be awarded a time penalty.
I declare that I will abide to the governing bodies rules and that I am fit to take part in the event. I will not hold the race organiser responsible for any injury or loss. I understand that the final decision as to whether or not the race will go ahead on the day is that of the race organisers “Always Aim High Triathlon Club” only.