Welcome to the first Slateman Swim
Llyn Padarn is a magnificent glacially formed lake nestled amidst some of Snowdonia's most spectacular scenery. The lake is approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) long and covers about 240 acres making it one of the largest natural lakes in Wales. On the southern bank sits the busy village of Llanberis whilst on the opposite side the Llanberis Lake Railway runs through the spectacular woodland of the Padarn Country Park.
The whole of Llyn Padarn is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and home to a rare type of fish called Arctic Charr. Legend has it that is was brought here from Rome by the early Christians while scientists believe it has survived in the lake since the ice age; either way it's a pretty robust fish that's been around for some time. It inhabits the depths of the lake which at a deepest point of 29m means they're not going to interfere with your swim.
With it's crystal clear waters and incredible views Llyn Padarn has become infamous as one of the best Open Water Swimming spots in the UK and we're really excited to bring these Open Water Swimming events to the Slateman Triathlon weekend.
The distances are 1000m, 2000m and 2.4 miles
- Access to the Event Village with food and drink, family activities, entertainment, shopping, massage tent and toilets
- The world’s friendliest marshals
- Electronic chip timing
- Web results service
- Emergency support
- Bespoke slate for all finishers
- Live bilingual commentary
- A feast of food at the finish line
- Goody bag at registration
- Free 10 year Slateman t-shirt
- Hoodies that can be purchased at registration and collected on the day
Slateman Swim 1000: £26.00
Slateman Swim 2000: £33.00
Slateman Swim 2.4 Mile: £36.00