The final part of the Adventure Championships and a fitting closer to the most epic multi-terrain, adventure triathlon series in the calendar The Sandman has been described as the beautiful triathlon in the race calendar.
The race starts and ends in one of Anglesey’s most treasured spots, the incredible Newborough Forest, an exclusive area of 700ha woods adjacent to the world famous Llanddwyn Beach.
One of the few Triathlons in the calendar with a beach start and sea swim, your supporters can build sandcastles and eat ice cream whilst you sweat!
Enjoy the unspoilt scenery and rolling landscapes that Anglesey is famous for as you bike the islands roads taking in the stunning coastline and inland countryside - don’t believe the rumours that this is a flat island! Finish with a trail run on the forest tracks through the glorious pine forests and over the dunes before getting sand between your toes again for a beach finish.
This triathlon holds a special place in the heart of everyone who takes part and with four distances as well as a Duathlon there is something for every ability.
2020 is the Sandman's 10th Birthday so join us for a beach celebration to remember!
Read reviews here
- Access to the Event Village with food and drink, family activities, entertainment, shopping and toilets
- The world’s friendliest marshals
- Full route marking
- Water and feed stations on course
- Electronic chip timing
- Web results service
- Pick-up wagons
- Event photography
- Emergency support
- Bespoke medal for all finishers
- Free technical t-shirt
- Live bilingual commentary
- A feast of food at the finish line
- Goody bag at registration
- Hoodies that can be purchased when entering and collected on the day
- Bike Checks available in the Event Village (£5 per bike)
View the distances and routes here
Read the 2019 race report here
Enter the incredible Adventure Championships comprising the 2020 Slateman, Snowman and Sandman AND receive one entry half price!