Terms and Conditions
Assumption of Risk for all Participants
In registering for and participating in this event, you assume full and complete risk and responsibility for any discomfort, illness, injury, or accident which may occur while you are preparing for the event, during the event, while you are on the premises of the event, or while you are traveling to or from the event. You understand that participating in the event may be hazardous, and that you should not enter and participate unless you are medically able and properly trained.
If you are unsure, you should consult your doctor before participating in the event. It is your responsibility to check and to ensure that you are at all times medically and physically fit to participate in the activities related to the event.
You acknowledge and agree that the event may be held over public roads and facilities open to the public during the event and upon which hazards are to be expected.
You also acknowledge and agree that participation in the event may carry with it certain inherent risks and dangers that cannot be eliminated completely ranging from risk of minor discomfort to catastrophic injuries including permanent disability and death.
You are aware of and assume all risks associated with participating in the event, including without limitation risks of permanent injury or death due to falls, obstacles, contact with other participants, acts or omissions of other participants, effect of weather, traffic and conditions of any routes. I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, marshals, sponsors, promoters, and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event. I understand that this includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
Anti-Doping Statement (Running Events)
An entrant shall be deemed to have made him/herself/their self, familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules. The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the date of the event, whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
Safeguarding Terms and Conditions
Providing a safe and enjoyable event for athletes, spectators, volunteers and event staff is key to the success of an event. Permitting our races with the relevant National Governing Bodies ensures safeguarding and welfare precautions are considered and that events are delivered in accordance with the relevant Competition Rules. Where we do not permit through National Governing Bodies, we conduct full risk assessments which ensure welfare precautions are thoroughly considered.
Event Photography Terms and Conditions
You hereby irrevocably grant Always Aim High Events Ltd. (AAHE) as the Event Organiser permission to record your voice and photograph you in conjunction with the event.
Please note that our events take place in public spaces and on the highways. Images from the events (including your image) may be collected during events by media agencies and members of the public that the event does not control and has not authorised. The collection of images by these third parties is outside the Event Organisers control and you must therefore speak to those agencies directly if you have concerns.
You understand and agree that the term "photograph" as used herein encompasses both still photographs and video recordings. You further grant AAHE as the Event Organiser permission to use your photograph, voice, and likeness taken in conjunction with the event, in any form, including edited versions, in or over any medium including without limitation streaming audio and/or video over the internet, broadcast, cable, satellite transmissions, and media that are unknown at this time, worldwide for any legitimate purpose including, without limitation, any commercial purpose, without compensation to you.
You further waive any right of inspection of any such recordings and photographs. You understand that any such recordings and photographs recorded by AAHE shall become the sole property of AAHE as applicable.
Children Under 18
Parent/guardian permission is required for all children under the age of 18 participating in an event. By entering the event online, agreeing to parental consent at point of entry, and paying in advance, parental/guardian permission is assumed.
For all children under the age of 16, a parent/guardian must be present throughout the event the child is participating in. For cycling specific events e.g., the Tour de Mon, all children must be accompanied on the event course by a parent/guardian. Without a parent/guardian present the child will be unable to participate in their event, without exception.
AAHE as the Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse any participant entry to an event at the time of registration should the appropriate permissions not be in place by the parent/guardian.
Parental Consent Agreement
By allowing my child to participate in the event, I, the parent/guardian of the child mentioned above agree and acknowledge that:
- I am aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the event undertaken and accept responsibility for exposing my child to such inherent risks.
- I have satisfied myself that my child has the necessary skill and knowledge to take part in the event and to deal with conditions that may arise in the course of the event.
- I confirm that my child does not have any disability or medical condition, physical or mental, which could affect their ability to participant safely in the event.
- I understand that children over 16 years of age are permitted to ride on the public highway unaccompanied and my child must therefore assume full and entire responsibility for their own safety in relation to other traffic. Further to this, I have impressed upon my child that they must observe the law of the land relating to road travel.
- I will not allow my child to participate in an event whilst under the undue influence of alcohol, drugs or whilst otherwise unfit to participate.
- I accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by my own actions or omissions or actions or omissions of my child.
- I will be responsible for my child throughout the event and during the time that they are participating.
- I understand that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian throughout the whole duration of the event.
- I understand that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied during cycling specific events on the event route, by a parent/guardian throughout the whole duration of the event.
- I hereby grant full permission to AAHE as the Event Organiser to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of my child at the event.
There is a cooling off period of 48 hours. You are eligible for a full refund (minus a £10 admin fee and any service fee amounts) if you withdraw within 48 hours of your booking.
If you took out insurance when you bought your ticket, check your confirmation email and follow the details contained. You will deal with the insurance company directly to claim your refund.
If you do not have insurance and are outside the cooling off period, you have the following options should you wish to withdraw from an event:
Option 1: Transfer to another competitor
- You may transfer or sell your place to another person wishing to take part in the event. This can be done free of charge, at least ONE calendar month prior to the event via your Etchrock account, details of which can be found on your entry confirmation email.
If there is less than 30 days before the event, transfers to another competitor must be made at registration at the event and will occur a £10 admin fee. Only the participating athlete needs to attend registration to complete the transfer.
Transfers between athletes must be completed through the correct channel so that we have the correct participant information and contact details in the event of an accident. DO NOT give your bib to someone without completing an official transfer. Running on another athlete’s bib contradicts NGB rules and will result in disqualification.
Option 2: Ticket Deferral
- If there is at least one calendar month before the event you can defer your entry and receive credit to your Etchrock booking system account for the amount paid, minus a £10 admin fee.
- You can use this credit to enter the same event the following year or any event that comes before it.
- A ticket cannot be deferred more than once.
- Deferrals may be used against entries of a higher value, on payment of the difference.
- Deferrals can only be used against a single transaction and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change or refund will be given.
CHANGE OF DISTANCE
- You may change your distance via your Etchrock account, free of charge, up to 30 days before an event as long as spaces remain in the distance you wish to change into.
- Any increase in price must be paid at the time of booking.
- No change or refund will be given.
The following links provide instructions on using your Etchrock account to carry out the desired actions.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS POLICY
If an event is cancelled or postponed your entry will be automatically transferred to the new date.
Where possible, we shall give you at least 24 hours’ notice to any potential amendment or cancellation.
Where a reasonable alternative has been offered, no refunds will be offered if cancellation is due to an unforeseeable natural disaster, ‘Act of God’, or 'Force Majeure'
Always Aim High Events host the best and safest events possible. Always Aim High Events reserves the right to amend the course for reasons of safety of quality. For our triathlons this may include switching to a duathlon or aquathlon and, for all our events, this may include modifying the start time, route(s) and/or cut off times.
PRIZES AND MERCHANDISE
All prizes must be collected on the day at the event prize giving.
T-shirts and other event ‘goodies’ must be collected on the day from registration or the shop. Uncollected merchandise may be given to marshals to thank them for volunteering their time.